There is a six month waiting period for Major services under the Select Plan and a six month waiting period for Major and Ortho services under the Select Plus plan. The DHMO option does not have waiting periods or late enrollment penalties, but you must use a DHMO network provider and live/work in the metro Atlanta area.
We offer three plans: the Select and Select Plus from Delta Dental and the dental HMO option from Cigna Dental Care ® (DHMO).
Each plan has different payment schedules and providers. Closely review these plans to determine which one best fits the needs of you and your family. Use the comparison chart in this guide to learn about the plans. Due to availability, your best option may depend on where you live or work, and you should check the availability of dentists carefully. The three dental plans are listed below according to the dentist network availability in geographic areas:
- Delta Dental Select and Delta Dental Select Plus – For all employees throughout Georgia. Customer Service 1-866-496-2384
- Cigna Dental Care ® (DHMO) – Specifically for employees who live or work in metropolitan Atlanta area. Customer Service 1-800-642-5810.
Select and Select Plus Options with Delta Dental:
- You may go to any dentist
- If you visit a Delta Dental PPO network dentist, they accept reduced fees for covered services provided, so you'll usually pay the least when you visit a PPO network dentist. This also ensures Delta Dental PPO dentists won't balance bill you the difference between the contracted amount and their usual fee.
- If you visit a non-Delta Dental dentist, they can balance bill you the difference between the amount of benefits payable by Delta Dental and the dentist charge for that service.
- Note: Orthodontia services for adults and dependent children are available through the Select Plus Plan only.
Important Information for Select and Select Plus Options
- Six Month Wait Period: All new hires are subject to the six month wait period for Type III and Orthodontia services (for adults and children under the Select Plus Plan).
If a current employee selects dental for the first time, they and any eligible dependents will be required to meet the six (6) Month Wait Period for Type III and Orthodontia services (for adults and children under the Select Plus Plan). If an employee switches from the Select to the Select Plus option, they and any eligible dependents will be required to meet the six (6) Month Wait Period for Type III and Orthodontia services (for adults and children under the Select Plus Plan).