Flexible Benefits ResourcesYou are eligible to participate in the Flexible Benefits Program if:
- You are a full-time regular employee who works at least 30 hours a week and are expected to work for at least nine months. Employees who work in a sheltered workshop or work transition program, contingent employees, temporary employees, and student employees are not eligible.
- You are a public schoolteacher, working at least 17.5 hours, and employed in a professionally certified capacity, working half time or more and not considered a "temporary" or "emergency" employee.
- You are an employee of a local school system holding a non-certificated position. You must be eligible to participate in the Teacher's Retirement System (TRS) or its local equivalent, and you must work a minimum of 20 hours a week (or 60% of the time necessary to carry out the duties of the position, if that's more than 20 hours).
- You are an employee of a local school system working at least 15 hours (or 60% of the time necessary to carry out the duties of your position, if that's more than 15 hours) and you are eligible to participate in the Public School Employees' Retirement System (PSERS).
- You are an employee of a county or regional library and work at least 17.5 hours per week.
- Others deemed eligible by Federal or Georgia law.
If you aren't sure whether you're eligible, contact your personnel/payroll office.
Below, please find resources and documents for helping State Employees better understand their flexible benefits.