The Auto Program is a self-funded program through the State of Georgia that covers state employees while driving on state business. Our goal is to resolve claims fairly and swiftly while protecting state agencies and state employees.
To report an automobile accident:
Call Toll Free Phone: 1-877-656-7475 Report accidents within 48 hours If you are in an accident, be sure to get the following information before leaving the area:
1) Date, Time, Place;
2) Your Vehicle – year, make, model, tag;
3) Describe Accident. Include: • Direction each vehicle was traveling, weather conditions • Details of accident.
4) For all individuals include: name, address, employer, home and work phone numbers. Describe injuries claimed and observed; ID hospital, if applicable; • Insured (State Employee) driver • Your passengers • Other driver • His/ her passengers • Witnesses
5) Other vehicle(s): year, make, model, tag, insurance co. and policy #
6) Police: agency, officer, citations issued (?), to whom?
This department is also responsible for the coverage and safety education of all state employees that drive on state business. To that end, we host training seminars and provide video and presentations (see video links below).
Auto Liability Coverage
This video explains key information about auto coverage and safety issues. Learn what information you'll need at the scene of an accident and whether you are covered by the State Auto Liability Insurance program or your own personal auto insurance policy. This is very important information for all state employees. Don't put your personal assets at risk! This video counts as 1 hour toward yearly training requirements. After you have watched the video, please register your participation and provide your feedback and comments about the video,