Small Business Symposium
Symposium is sold out. On-site registration will not be available due to capacity limitations. Please sign up for information on future events here.
To support Georgia-based, small businesses by providing access to the State's purchasing opportunities, create jobs and to provide economic opportunity by providing greater access to education, and business support services.
The Department of Administrative Services (DOAS), in collaboration with the Georgians First Commission, is hosting a one-day professional development/learning and networking symposium for small businesses. This inaugural event will provide the following opportunities:
- Learn about how to do business with the State of Georgia
- Learn about upcoming bid opportunities
- Connect with purchasing professionals throughout the State
- Meet and network with local resources and potential partners
- Discover technical college and university-based programs that offer business
and industry assistance, technology commercialization, and economic
- Understand key resources available to small businesses, including training and development of a business plan and marketing strategy
Our symposium sessions and workshops will be educational and interactive in nature, including audience question and answer opportunities with speakers. In addition, we offer networking opportunities to encourage small businesses to connect and hear directly from various state entities about what they are purchasing, what they are looking for in terms of a good supplier, as well as how small business providers can fill the state's equipment, services and capability gaps. To encourage collaboration and partnering with the State's larger suppliers, we will have a reverse trade show exhibit for small businesses to obtain additional information on potential opportunities.
Registration is now closed. Thank you for your support.