The Travel Card, issued by American Express, provides state employees who travel regularly on State business an alternative to using personal credit cards, personal funds, or cash advances from the agency or university. Employees can use the card for airline tickets, rental cars, and associated fuel costs, ground transportation (e.g. airport shuttles), lodging, and meals. The employee receives reimbursement for expenses through normal travel reimbursement procedures, and makes payment directly to American Express. The State of Georgia does not incur any liability associated with the use of the card.
Cardholders do not have to pay the annual fee normally charged for an American Express Card.
The current re-launch effort affects only existing cardholders. Please contact American Express™ for information concerning their online card management process and/or to order cards for new employees:
American Express™ – Dedicated Servicing Team
Below is a sample list of support you'll receive through the State's dedicated team:
- Card member Cancellations/Reinstatements
- Program Structure Changes (PA/Corporate Name, Address Changes, etc.)
- Billing Option Changes, Cycle Changes, Liability Changes
- Balance Inquiries, Statement Copies, Posting of Payments
- Reporting Information
- Fee Inquiries
- American Express™ @Work assistance
- General Program Questions