Flexible Spending Accounts

​​​​Your paycheck reductions for the spending accounts will start the 15th of your first full calendar month of employment. For monthly payrolls, the full reduction will be taken once a month after your first full calendar month of employment. Your total contributions to each account are prorated by the number of months you participate in these options up to the maximum monthly amount allowed for each account. Once you enroll, you may submit claims for services incurred on or after the first of the month after you have completed one full calendar month of employment. 

Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan options are administered by WageWorks.

Customer Service 1-888-557-3156​

The IRS rules and the rules of the Employee Benefits Plan Council designate eligible expenses and the Employee Benefits Plan Council has the responsibility to interpret these rules and make all decisions as to an expense's eligibility.


Health Care Spending Account (HCSA)


The Health Care Spending Account helps you save tax dollars on the health related treatment you and your family receive.


Some of the eligible expenses include:

  • Deductibles and co-payments not paid by any health or dental insurance in which you or your family members participate
  • Costs for procedures not covered or not covered fully by a health, dental or vision plan
  • Specialized equipment for disabled persons
  • Preventative care screenings
  • Contact lens and glasses
  • Laser eye surgery
  • Prescription
  • Mental health services
  • Physical therapy
  • Certain other IRS approved expenses


A few examples of expenses that are not eligible include:

  • Cosmetic procedures/drugs
  • Electrolysis
  • Hair transplants
  • Herbal supplements
  • Insurance premiums
  • Nicotine patches and gum
  • Nutritional supplements
  • Teeth whitening/bonding
  • Vitamins
  • Over-the-counter medications


Dependent (Child) Care Spending Account (DCSA)


The Dependent (Child) Care Spending Account provides you with the opportunity to use tax-free dollars to pay for the care of your children under age 13 or other IRS eligible dependents while you and your spouse work or go to school full time.


Childcare services may include your cost to send a child to preschool, after school, or nursery school. Also, expenses for dependents of any age who are unable to care for themselves because of a physical or mental handicap are eligible. A person qualifying for this type of care must spend at least eight hours a day in your home. Elderly dependent care may include your cost to send a dependent parent to an elderly daycare facility or to have someone to care for them in your home. If you are married, both you and your spouse must be working or a full-time student during the time the care is received. Your income tax return (long and short forms) will require you to include your dependent care provider's name and tax number or Social Security number.​




Flexible Spending Accounts
GaBreeze Benefits Center





View All Division Contacts