STATE PURCHASING Division
Procurement Strategies for Success
The Georgia Procurement Conference provides excellent opportunities to foster business partnerships between state and local government entities, exhibitors, statewide contractors and small businesses.
The conference will give government procurement professionals the opportunity to:
Learn new techniques and best practices directly from state and national procurement industry experts
- Attend training sessions to strengthen procurement knowledge and earn recertification credits
- Build and strengthen relationships with DOAS State Purchasing Division (SPD) staff
- Network with fellow procurement professionals
The conference will also showcase a dynamic Exhibitor Expo, where attendees can network with scores of exhibitors and suppliers from across the state.
Additional information about our previous conferences* can be found by clicking on the Focus Areas below:
*The 2020 GPC was canceled due to the COVID 19 Pandemic. We look forward to GPC 2021 and hope to see you then!
The State Purchasing Division (SPD) oversees the procurement functions for the State of Georgia and manages all policies related to procurement. SPD negotiates Statewide Contracts and provides technical assistance to State Entities in conducting and evaluating entity-specific competitive bids. We also provide electronic sourcing tools that allow procurement professionals to post and award their own competitive bids. SPD manages and monitors use of State purchasing cards, procurement tools that allow State employees to obtain goods and services quickly and efficiently. SPD also offers training, including a certification program, to provide procurement professionals with the knowledge and skills they need to perform their job duties within the legal and policy constraints of the State of Georgia.
|State Purchasing||State Purchasing||http://firstname.lastname@example.org||State Purchasing||https://www.facebook.com/gapurchasing, State Purchasing Facebook||https://twitter.com/GeorgiaDOAS, DOAS Twitter||https://www.linkedin.com/company/georgia-department-of-administrative-services, DOAS LinkedIn||https://plus.google.com/+DepartmentofAdministrativeServicesAtlanta, DOAS Google Plus||Procurement Help Desk||0|
AREAS OF FOCUS
By leveraging the buying power of state entities and identifying shared needs, SPD negotiates discount prices for quality products and services in the form of Statewide Contracts. These contracts are available to all state entities, including city, county, and other local government entities. In addition to discounted prices, SPD saves State Entities the time, labor and costs associated with managing the bidding process themselves.
- Login to GPR for State and Local Entities
- Bid Notices - Georgia Procurement Registry (GPR)
- Agency and University Procurement Officer List
- eSource (formerly eQuote)
- State Use Procurement List
- Team Georgia Marketplace (TGM)
- Georgia Procurement Manual Online (GPM)
- Bid and RFP Information and Resources
- Statewide Contract Index
- Rent a Car
- Supplier Resources
- Suspended and Debarred Suppliers
- Learning Management System (LMS)
Organizations and Associations
- Entrepreneur and Small Business Office
- Georgia Chapter of NIGP, Inc. (GANIGP)
- Governmental Purchasing Association of Georgia (GPAG)
- National Association of State Chief Information Officers
- National Association of State Procurement Officials
- National Contract Management Association
- National Institute of Government Purchasing (NIGP)
- Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (UPPCC)
- Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
- National Association of Educational Procurement (NAEP)
- National Association of Credit Management (NACM)
- National Association of Procurement Card Professionals (NAPCP)