How Does My Agency File a Claim for Property Damage Due to Lightning?
- Download a Lightning Affidavit. You may also request copies by calling (404) 656-6245.
- The Lightning Affidavit must be submitted for any lightning claim and must be completed by a certified electrician.
- On the NOL form, you will need to note details including:
- Type of loss
- Time of date of the event
- Cause and extent of the loss or damage
- Estimated financial amount of the loss.
- The https://www.realpropertiesgeorgia.org/ if it is a building or contents loss type.
- Upon receipt of the NOL, an acknowledgement letter will be sent by RMS to your Agency Risk Coordinator with the assigned DOAS claim number. This number should be included on all further supporting documentation and claim-related correspondence.
- If you are unsure of your agency’s designated Agency Risk Coordinator, contact RMS by email or phone at (404) 656-6245 to confirm.
To finalize the claim, you must complete and submit a Sworn Proof of Loss form with:
- Your DOAS claim number
- A notarized signature of your agency’s highest-ranking official
- Copies of invoices for property
- Copies of repair invoices associated with the loss
- Bills for material and labor and evidence of payment (check or approved purchase order) for replaced or repaired items
- RMS will process the claim and if coverage criteria is met, send a reimbursement check.
- Reimbursement checks are issued within 30 days of claim finalization.