The Department Of Administrative Services – Information Technology Contact Center provides assistance for questions related to State Purchasing policies, procedures and website. The Help Desk also provides technical assistance to State agencies, Bidders, and Suppliers on the use of the Purchasing Division's procurement applications (Team Georgia Marketplace, eSource, Georgia Procurement Registry).
You can contact the Help Desk during regular business hours 8am-5pm Eastern Time Monday-Friday at 404-657-6000 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southbound on I-75/I-85:Take Exit 248-A (MLK Jr. Dr.). Stay in right lane on exit ramp. Yield to the right onto Jesse Hill Jr. Drive. The entrance to the parking deck is on your right immediately after the pedestrian bridge.Northbound on I-75/I-85:Take Exit 246 (Fulton Street). Take the right exit. Turn right at the traffic light. Move to the left lane. Turn left at the traffic light onto Capitol Avenue. Stay in the right lane. Stay on Capitol Ave. past the State Capitol on your left. Turn right at traffic light onto MLK Jr. Drive. Next, turn left at the traffic light onto Jesse Hill Jr. Drive. The entrance to the parking deck is on your right immediately after the pedestrian bridge.Westbound on I-20:Take Exit 58A (Capitol Avenue). Stay in the right lane. Take a right onto Capitol Avenue. Stay on Capitol Ave. past the State Capitol on your left. Turn right at traffic light onto MLK Jr. Drive. Next, turn left at the traffic light onto Jesse Hill Jr. Drive. The entrance to the parking deck is on your right immediately after the pedestrian bridge.Westbound on I-20: Alternate RouteTake Exit 58B (Hill Street). Stay in the right lane. Take a right onto Hill Street. Get in the left lane. Stay on Hill Street past two traffic lights and after going under railroad tracks. At the next traffic light, turn left onto Decatur Street. At the second traffic light, turn left onto Jesse Hill Jr. Drive. The entrance to the parking deck is on your left immediately before the pedestrian bridge.Eastbound on I-20:Take Exit 56B (Windsor St/Spring St). Continue on ramp to third traffic light. Turn left onto Central Ave. Stay in right lane. At the MARTA overpass traffic light (5-way intersection), take right onto Memorial Drive. Continue on Memorial Dr. to third traffic light. Turn left onto Capitol Avenue. Stay in right lane. You will pass the State Capitol on the left then turn right at the traffic light onto MLK Jr. Drive. Next, turn left at the traffic light onto Jesse Hill Jr. Drive. The entrance to the parking deck is on your right immediately after the pedestrian bridge.
Parking is available at several downtown lots. However, the Pete Hackney parking deck, at the corner of Decatur Street and Jesse Hill, Jr. Drive, is recommended by the Georgia Building Authority (GBA). Daily parking is limited and sometimes not available, especially during the annual legislative session. All visitors are required to have a valid picture I.D. and may enter through the front of the building located directly Northeast of the State Capitol at the block of Piedmont Avenue and Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive or use the walkways leading from the parking decks. The Georgia Building Authority parking office coordinates the availability and safe use of parking facilities for state employees, legislators, contractors and visitors.
There are many forms of transportation available for employees and visitors to the Department of Administrative Services offices:
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) provides daily bus and train service to the downtown area including a station located at the Sloppy Floyd Building via the East/West Rail Line. Exit the Georgia State Station (located between Five Points and MLK Jr. Stations) and take the escalator, elevator or stairs up to the entrance on the Balcony Level. A photo ID is required.
- MyCommute: Use MARTA's trip planner for Bus/Rail destination & departure routes.
- Cobb Community Transit (CCT) provides commuter bus service from Cobb County.
- Gwinnett County Transit (GCT) provides express routes bus service from Gwinnett County Monday through Friday.
- Xpress is a partnership between the Georgia Regional Transportation Authority (GRTA) and the metro Atlanta counties of Clayton, Cherokee, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding and Rockdale. Cobb Community Transit (CCT) and Gwinnett County Transit (GCT) also operate some Xpress routes as part of their express bus transportation service.
MARTA is the recommended mode of transportation for visitors, when possible. On MARTA, take the east/west rail line to the Georgia State Station. The station is inside the Floyd building. Visitors and employees may enter the building through the Floyd Building MARTA entrance, on the balcony level of the building once in the building take the escalators down one level to the Plaza Level and look for the security check point, you must show a valid picture I.D. at the security points in the East and West Towers. The telephone number for MARTA schedules and routes is (404) 848-4711; or you can check out their website at http://www.itsmarta.com.
Traveling on the North-South Rail Line
(from station S7: Airport to station N11):
- Stop at the Five Points station (This is the intersection of the North-South and East-West Rail Lines)
- Transfer to the East-West Rail Line and go East
- Exit at the next station or station E1: Georgia State Station.
- Take the escalator up to the State government offices.
Traveling on the East-West Rail Line
(from station W-5: Hamilton E. Holmes to station E9):
- Exit at station E1: Georgia State Station.
- Take the escalator up to the State government offices
The Twin Towers Lactation Room is a card-controlled access, state-of-the-art area for nursing mothers. It is located on the cafeteria level of the West Tower, directly across from the stairwell.
Lactation Support Guide The Lactation Support Guide offers general information and helpful tips for breastfeeding mothers to encourage and support healthy child development.
Rules and Participation Agreement The Lactation Room is available for use by all state employees, contractors, interns and guests. Users should review and submit the Rules and Participation Agreement to gain card reader access to the area.
Support Services provides assistance with room orientation and access information. The Lactation Room is provided by the Georgia Building Authority (GBA) in collaboration with the Georgia Department of Administrative Services (DOAS).
- The James H. "Sloppy Floyd Building is located at 200 Piedmont Avenue, S.E., Atlanta, GA 30334.