How Does My Agency File a Claim for Property Damage?

Property insurance programs for state entities are administered by the Department of Administrative Services’ (DOAS) Risk Management Services (RMS) division. Agencies must report loss or damage to state-owned property within 48 hours of the discovery by submitting a Notice of Loss (NOL) form. Further supporting documentation must be submitted within 120 days. If loss or damage was due to lightning, additional documentation must be submitted.

Property loss or damage may be covered by:

  • State Owned Building and Personal Property coverage – as recorded in the BLLIP (Building, Land, and Lease Inventory of Property) database
  • Special Property All Risk Agreement (SPAR)