How to Complete an Electronic Disposal (ELC) Request

Once a state entity decides that property is no longer needed, it should submit a disposal request in AssetWorks. The Surplus Property Division will review and process the request. Items, such as electronics, need special handling.

You can submit an electronic disposal (ELC) transfer request to dispose of surplus electronic equipment. Common electronics that follow this process include, but are not limited to:

  • Computers (includes desktops, laptops, servers)
  • External data storage or back-up devices
  • Copiers with or without data storage capability
  • Monitors and Television Sets (all types, CRT, LCD, etc.)
  • Peripherals (includes keyboards, mouse, speakers)
  • Printers
  • Scanners
  • Telephone Systems and Handsets, Cellular Phones
  • DVD and VCR Players/Recorders
  • Radios, CD Players and Stereo Equipment