How to Complete an Electronic Disposal (ELC) request
- Ensure that you have a minimum of 10 pieces of electronics to be received by the Surplus Property Division and scheduled for vendor pickup.
- You may opt to prepare an inventory sheet of the property to be transferred, which includes information on the property, such as model numbers and serial numbers. (A sample inventory sheet can be found in the Asset Works User Guide.) This is recommended but not required.
- Log into AssetWorks and create a surplus request with ELC selected as the method.
- When you create new assets for ELCs, combine items from the same national stock number (NSN) group code on one line. When complete, there should be no more than 6 or 7 asset lines on the request. (Full instructions for electronic disposal transfer requests can be found in Appendix D of Asset Works User Guide.)
- Once the asset is saved, attach the inventory sheet to docs/images on the first asset line.
- Please do not store electronics outside under any circumstances.
- Wrap and gather the electronics as is.
- An approved vendor will contact you to schedule a pickup.